Thursday, December 20, 2018

Travelers season 3 (2018)

That was good.

There's so little science fiction on the glowing square nowadays, you treasure anything you can get. Oh there's plenty of "sci-fi", but precious little science fiction.

I appreciate the economy of story-telling, I appreciate the short-hand. I appreciate not being entirely dumbed down to. Of course its still there, to bring along the larger audience, but I appreciate that they try to take it up a level.

I like how we finally get a glimpse of the future, and its just an irrelevant footnote. I like how they keep pushing the borders of the metaphysics (multiple timelines).

As annoyed as I am by some characters (McClaren's wife) I appreciate how even that little bit of backstory becomes a plot hook.

Travelers is a name now, even if they never make another show. It's almost up there with X-Files, or Lost, or Buffy. It's staked out a bit of territory, and it owns it. And I'm glad I was there to see it.