Friday, April 1, 2016

Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa (2007)

Two or three cable/FIOS plans ago, I had saved some movies on a DVR, but ran out of time and had to turn the box in before I could watch them. They weren't special or rare enough to justify any great effort in copying them off, so I put them on a list. Years later I find the list, enter the name into YouTube, and I'm watching.

I think the first time I started watching Off the Grid: Life on the Mesa I was attracted to the post-apocalyptic theme. I just recently played Fallout New Vegas, and it got my attention again for the same reason.

What holds my attention is the look into how society works, and how it doesn't. And how people work, and how they are broken. As tough as this life might be, with Fallout on my mind I can't imagine what this kind of life would be like with added starvation, radiation, raiders, and limitless small arms.