Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sicario (2015)

I only noticed this, and watched it, because this was also the director of Bladerunner 2 (or whatever its called). I was immediately impressed with some of the visuals of southwestern USA, especially some angles I don't think I've ever seen before.
The characters, the dialogue, the story, its all OK. Nothing really new, doesn't really add anything, so no real lasting memory of it.

If a soundtrack is good, you're not really supposed to focus on it, almost not even hear it. That's mostly the case, sometimes its this really subtle effect like an accelerating sense of dread, like an increasing heart beat rate, but sometimes it goes to far and its like one section of the orchestra drowning out the rest.

I recently heard someone articulate that Americans don't like reading text on a movie. Subtitles aside, there's no need for the subtitles as to where in the southwest we are, or at what air force base, especially when the characters drive through the front gate and there's the name anyway.

It was cool to read what the title of the movie meant but there was no reason to explain the title in the movie at all.

If this movie offers any hope for the Bladerunner movie, I expect it to be competently told, look good, be interesting as I watch it, but leave me with little to nothing to remember about it.